It’s simple really. Union carpenters are the best because they are the best trained! The MACTC offers more than 25 different classes to journeyman carpenters to provide continuous education and skill enhancement. Classes are free to members in good standing with their union local are usually held in the evenings and on weekends.
The Journeyman Upgrade Classes (JUG) are designed to teach or enhance specific skills such as door hardware installation, hardwood floor installation and repair, welding, print reading and site layout with the Total Station. Many JUG classes lead to much sought after industry certifications including OSHA 10/30, First Aid/CPR, Rigging, Scaffold, Solid Surface and Aerial Lift.
By continuously increasing their knowledge and skills, journeyman and apprentices are better prepared to complete jobs with quality and efficiency, leading to greater productivity on the job. Participation in one or all of these classes will give you a chance to advance your career, broaden your horizons and help you to learn and develop new techniques.
The construction environment is ever-changing and Union carpenters need to change with it to make sure we remain the best in the world. This training program will help you do just that!
Journeyman Upgrade Class Registration
- Call your local training center to register for the class. Classes are filled on a first-come, first-registered basis. Once a class is filled, names will be added to a waiting list for the next available class.
- Provide your full name, UBC number, and a telephone number where you can be contacted in the event of class changes.
MACTC Journeyman Upgrade Class Policies
- If you are unable to attend a registered class, you MUST call the training center and officially withdraw from the class. Failing to withdraw may result in you paying a $25 non-refundable fee for future classes.
- You MUST be on time and attend all your scheduled class to receive class credit.
- You are required to wear work boots, long pants and a shirt with sleeves to all classes.
- You will only be notified if the class is cancelled or there is a change in the class date/time.
- Classes may be cancelled if the minimum class size is not met.
Journeyman Upgrade Class Schedules